Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What's In Your Bag?

I started thinking about what type of bags that people bring with them into the parks and what type of items are a "must" to be carried with them. There are several types of bags people use...

Back Packs

Diaper Bags

Fanny Packs

Lanyards

Small Purses/ Wristlets

Baggallini

When I am in the parks I use a baggallini. Some of you are going "huh what is that?" Baggallini's come in different varieties. They are small bags that were designed by flight attendants for smart travel and it is machine washable. I have the small backpack style with the one shoulder strap. It is compact but can hold so much stuff. It has a little compartment for your water bottle, keys and on the front strap is a place for your Key to the World card and ID. There is a small band built in to hold your cards in tight. I couldn't travel without it. I love how I am able to be hands free and access what I need without feeling like I am carrying a bulk of stuff on my shoulders. Here is a picture of the Baggallini the one I own personally is lime green. 


http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/bagga/bagga121602_64247_lg.jpg


Now on to what people bring with them into the parks. I have to have my camera, cell phone, small tube of sunblock, poncho, lip gloss, Advil, list of Adr confirmation numbers and baggies to put stuff in if it rains.  Depending on weather I may bring a light sweatshirt. I like to keep things as light as possible. 

I would love to know what kind of bag you take with you in the parks and the stuff you "must" bring. For those of you that go without a bag at all I want to know how you do it!

2 comments:

larmstrong24 said...

Ok, so I guess I'm the ultimate geek. I've always carried the "Tigger" fanny pack loaded with a lot of stuff I really don't need - toilet paper, deoderant, a spray fan, etc. Seriously, what was I thinking??? Now that I'm taking my 5 year old for the first time this year, I'm going to have to rethink my choice baggage - maybe a backpack???

Disney Couture said...

Hi Lori! I think a small backpack would work for you. You can put small snacks, disinfectant wipes and anything that you may need all in one place. I sometimes make a checklist to make sure I have all my supplies before I head out to the parks. My new online friend Amy has a blog called GrowingUpDisney and she has tips on traveling with little ones that may help you.