Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prepping for Food & Wine Fest!!!

It's on it's way! Disney's Food and Wine Festival is starting to set up all it's Kiosks along World Showcase. As you may know the festival runs from October 1st through November 14th. I have a couple of suggestions that my help you tour the countries with ease.

1. Get a park map and a festival guide from the entrance of Epcot. This will help you decide on where you want to start off and look over any schedules of demonstrations going on that you may be able to sign up for. Remember that some of the wine seminars and dinners will need to be scheduled ahead of time with reservations.

2. Pick up a Disney wearable mini gift card to load up funds to make purchasing food and souvenirs a lot easier. You can reload it any of the kiosks as you go along. Last year at the bottom of your receipt showed your gift card balance to keep track of spending. Here is this year's design.

3. Make sure you pick up your passport at the festival center to keep track of the food and drinks you sampled that you enjoyed. That way when you get home you have a souvenir of your cuisine experience and you can remember what you had to share your suggestions with others. 


I am heading down to WDW in little over a week and have lots of Food and Wine events planned. I plan to share my experiences with all of you and give you the full report. Buon Appetito!

4 comments:

larmstrong24 said...

Your upcoming trip sounds very exciting. I really like your suggestion of the wearable gift card. I don't think they had those the last time I was at the Food and Wine Fest. I'm planning on being there in October and I'm looking forward to the new kiosks. I can't wait to read your trip report!

Unknown said...

Great tip! I can't wait, my kid leave for Wine & Dine weekend in just 7 more sleeps!

Disney Couture said...

Hi Kristen! Isn't it so exciting getting ready for a trip to WDW?!?! Maybe I will run into to you! Hope you have a safe trip!

Disney Couture said...

Thank you Lori! Hope you have fun on your trip!